Happiness is What You Think and Do
Good afternoon, I am so grateful to tell you what I have overcome.
I started feeling depressed one Sunday morning when a dark cloud seemed to cover over me. I tried to pretend for a day or so that it was nothing. But within 2 days thick loneliness
gathered around me, and I felt that the only person I could turn to was my best friend across the street.. I had taken a break from podcasting, but even that seemed ridiculous.
The next Sunday it happened all over again, the loneliness and lack of connection creeped over me. There was a talk of a possible change of congregations. I felt more and more unsure. Before you know it, two days had past and I sunk into a sea of reacctivity. Depression and anxiety dogged me so much that I missed last week’s meeting.
Then things came to a head, despite the help of friends my bipolar depression got worse and worse. Finally ast Friday, my aide and close friend came to my rescue. She made me pinky swear that I would never get that low and reactive agains without reaching out.
Then last Sunday I came to church, and that same heavy lonely feeling crept in again. But by this time, in Sunday School, I got the encouragement I needed. I knew that I had to be the lone voice, the lone voice to speak out against the reactive culture. Yes happiness is what you think, say, and do.
Yes happiness is what you think, say, and do. And yes there will be times when you may feel unhappy or alone, but as your success, confidence, and thrive coach I want to say that you can empower yourself through any depressive hump you have when others have given all the insights they can.
I would like to "John F Kennedy when he said " Happiness is in the essence of using your talents within the lines of excellence."
Let me close with a quote, by Theodore Roosevelt, “Happiness does not lie with the achievement of money, it lies in the joy of achievement, and the thrill of creativity. Yes, happiness is in what you think and do. Think about that this afternoon, and God bless.
Comments
Post a Comment