My Granddad's Vision

It was September 1983 in my maternal grandfather started a front end and alarmed business   Is in a small gas station in Midland Texas.   He had just been laid off from a tar company that he had been working for for at least 6 years.  Now for the last 5 of the 6 years left in his life he grabbed his business repairing cars and is Carson making his customer smile.
        One day when I was 13 or 14 he came to me and my Uncle Andy said he wanted Andy to someday eventually take over the business.   Andy who was the same age as I am told granddad that he would not take the business

      I felt saddened and I told my granddad that if I could see I would take up upon me the slaughter family name and take over his business when he was one to retire.
      The business went from a small 2 garage gas station to a large garage with an office and back.   In October 1988 granddad closed the doors on his business due to poor health and he and grandma moved to a small family farm near Abilene Texas.   I remember in high school the entrepreneurial fever was running in me but I didn't know how to get started.   He died on December 20th 1989 at the young age of 57.   I was crushed and gave up the vision gave up the dream.
      6 and a 1/2 years later I want to network marketing convention with my ex wife and the dream was reborn.   For years I have been determined to become an entrepreneur an info perner and a leader perner It's all because my granddad's vision still lives in me

Comments