Coaching In The Reactive Culture!

          Recently I have become acutely aware of how loud and demanding our reactive culture is being.  That's why I want to launch my brand of coaching called Pattern Portal Coaching, an arm of my business James Hendrick Empowerment.

     I am not a therapist, but I can be a sympathetic advisor for the lonely visionaries in this world.  I believe I can help people cross the deep waters they are called to go, so that they can succeed.

      We cannot escape this reactive culture, but the one thing we can do is respond in a way based on our choices, actions, and how we pursue happiness.

    The theologian Jeffrey R Holland says "Happiness is like a butterfly.  IF you chase it, it will elude you.  But if you remain, it will come and rest on your shoulders."  Our reactive culture screams, "Chase it!  Get it!  Hate it!"  That's not happiness!  That's not a healthy pursuit of happiness, and I want to coach people through these difficulties.

    Smartphones can be used as brilliant tools, but they can be also a threat to our success, assaulted by the pings and alerts of other people's demands, offers, etc.  You don't have to put up with that.  My brother-in-law gave me some tips to overcome when the reactive culture gets me stressed.

    Put your phone on vibrate or Do Not Disturb:  Oh I know I just made people mad by saying that.  But you have only one life.

    Ever thought about when you're flying somewhere and the flight attendant is explaining the mask, "Put the mask on yourself first, and then assist..."  You get my point.  Yes God calls us to love our neighbors, but sometimes when a reactive culture is overwhelming you you got to stop and take care of yourself!  That's a fact of life.

     Now I can hear some of you now say, "Jimmy that's unfair, that's selfish!  Not if you're overwhelmed, scared, or lonely.  What most self-help gurus don't tell you is dyou can't give yourself what you don't have.

    You have my back as a coach, but one thing I willl say as a caviat is that peope need the Lord.  They need a personal covenant relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

    Oooh, Jimmy you mentioned God.  You mentioned Christ.  Yes, they mean the word to me, and my faith is at the heart of Pattern Portal coaching especially in this crazy rat race reactive culture!


EYP

Comments